Friday, April 29, 2016

Fantastic Friday

   Some people become obsessed with making that they love perfect. I had been hacking AD&D since the mid-90's. Even after writing my own fantasy heartbreaker, I still felt the need to fix D&D, to perfect it.

   The first time I read Fantastic Heroes & Witchery I knew I could scrap all my previous attempts to re-write D&D. Fantastic Heroes & Witchery is the crown jewel of the OSR. In it Dominique Crouzet has taken the best, most elegant features of all the retro-clones that preceded it and Dungeons & Dragons from B/X to 3.5, and melded them into a fantastically streamlined and rational version of the game. On top of that, FH&W adds a plethora of weird-science fantasy options.


   In my opinion Fantastic Heroes & Witchery is the best edition of D&D ever written. Henceforth this blog dedicates Fantastic Fridays to FH&W.

No comments:

Post a Comment